Purity Ring - Christian Brainwashing?It's a ring, made of a silver, gold or some other metal. It is supposed to signify virginity celibacy until marriage. They have been around since the 1990's, being invented by United States Christian sexual abstinence groups (leave it to us to come up with this crap). What amazes me is that people actually believe all this Christian brainwashing crap. Suckers!

This story isn't about whether religion or Christianity is bullshit or not, although I will say all religion is a Joke and just a waste of everyone's time. It was invented by people to put fear into them, and keep them serving thier wishes. I don't care whether it's Christian, Muslim, Islamic, Jewish, or some other religion…… it's all a big joke at your expense!!! I will save the religious debate for another time however.

Back to this purity ring nonsense…. A 16 year old London girl, Lydia Playfoot has asked the U.K. High Court to enforce her rights to wear a purity ring in school. The incident started when her school in West-Sussex imposed a ban on purity rings. Apparently the school already had a ban on wearing of any jewelery, whether religious or not. This Christian lemming, Lydia Playfoot, wants to make this into a religious discrimination case. Stop wasting everyones previous time and money and get a life already! She's 16, she should be having fun and doing teenager stuff instead of worrying about her chastity! It's not sacred, it's not special…. it's natural. We EVOLVED (oh, no…yes it's true; EVOLUTION really DID happen) with penises and vagina's for a reason. Do you see rabbits or chickens or cats or dogs waiting to have sex till they get married?

The school banned jewelery, religious or not and I hope the U.K. court can see that it's not a discrimination thing at all. She should be liable for the expenses the government has had to endure on her behalf!

Purity Rings – Just More Christian Brainwashing?
Tagged on:

97 thoughts on “Purity Rings – Just More Christian Brainwashing?

• June 24, 2007 at 2:03 am

they have been around for alot longer than the 90s fool.

• June 24, 2007 at 2:47 am

I see nothing wrong with choosing to remain chaste till you are with a person you plan to spend a significant portion of your time with. So what if we evolved to want to have sex often and without commitment? We also evolved to want to rape people at times, and kill people at times. That something is natural doesn’t make it good, this is a fallacy that bigots often use (for example regarding homosexuality).

I think the policy of NO jewelry is a bit extreme and unnecessary, but if that is the policy she should not get special treatment for this ring. However I’d challenge the rule in total, I don’t think minor items of personal significance should be forbidden so long as they do not become an obstruction to and educational environment.

Choosing to save an experience to share with a person you have a particularly strong bond with brings something extra to the relationship, whatever that experience may be. In the case of sex, it also prevents STDs and unwanted pregnancy. I don’t see how any of these are bad things. The religious folk may have silly reasons for choosing this, but that doesn’t make the idea itself absurd or wrong. In fact I find it a good thing personally, that can bring added enjoyment to their lives. And I find this ridicule of it without even giving it significant consideration a bit immature.

-Kaell, atheist, anti-theist

• June 24, 2007 at 4:50 am

this is really funny because if this were america id expect it to explode into a shitstorm, but over here here in the sunny, bland and neutral uk she will be laughed out of court (hopefully)

• June 24, 2007 at 5:16 am

Just to let you know that Muslim and islamic is the one same thing.

• June 24, 2007 at 6:47 am

It would be interesting to know just how fully the ‘No Jewelery’ rule is enforced in the school. If other pupils are getting away with wearing jewelery then it could be considered a discrimination case.
    Still bloody stupid if you ask me.

• June 24, 2007 at 7:13 am

you really said what had to be said !! thank you.
    Just give her a tip : the ring won’t preserve her virginity !!

• June 24, 2007 at 7:28 am

nice….i saw that damn ring a few days ago…i think they were talking about that girl u mentioned…i was like wtf? it has nothing to do with ur religious beliefs….its just another fad…as u said..something else the church can use to brainwash and keep bullshitting people…

damn..when i was 16…i was still a virgin…but just because the opportunity just hadnt come yet..haha…as u say…humanity has evolved…the church like it or not…

• June 24, 2007 at 10:52 am

The ring was originally a pagan symbol for virility, until stolen by the Christians to symbolize a union between a man and a woman. It’s funny that some Christians decided to change the definition yet again to mean chastity until marriage.

What ever happened to just saying “No”?

I also find it silly that this person believes that she must wear the ring to show the choice she made, but I don’t think it has anything to do with her lack of sexual activity. This just screams “Look at me!”, like we see all over the world as people who are not worthy of attention receive more than their 15 minutes.

Respect for other people’s cultures and religions is certainly important, but I agree with the school’s decision to ditch these rings (as well as a slew of other non-standard religious symbols).

This is all part of the seperation between church and state. If she doesn’t like it, then perhaps she could join a convent or a Christian school. But since this is not a standard symbol for chastity, she’ll likely be asked to take it off anyways.

• June 24, 2007 at 12:24 pm

Damn right away with these fairy tales for poor minds EVOLUTION FACT !!!, Wearing a stupid ring wont make your hormones dissapear FACT especially when youre a teenager. Lets hope eveangelism really doesnt take hold in Britain.

• June 24, 2007 at 6:38 pm

HELL YEAH!!! Anyone who needs a piece of metal to remind them of their beliefs must not be that dedicated. It’s not as though you’re going to forget about your purity without the ring. Religious propaganda is such bullshit. Girls should be taught to have sex when they’re comfortable with their bodies and their partner. Not when some legal contract says they should. Sex education is fucked in this country. It’s no wonder teen pregnency rates are higher than ever.

• June 24, 2007 at 7:16 pm

“Lets hope eveangelism really doesnt take hold in Britain.”

Sorry to let you know, but evangelism and christianity origionated in Europe after Pagan beliefs were altered to suit.
    I’m an atheist, but I don’t see why everyone here has to go bashing religion. Christianity is not something I follow, but that doesn’t mean I have to despise everything to do with it. Also, you’re horribly extreme in your other statements. It’s people like you that give Atheists a bad name.
    Personaly, I think that it’s no big deal if girls wnt to wear these rings. But I wouldn’t call it religious discrimination. Basically, girls wearing these rings are just saying “Hey, look at me, I’m christian nd proud of it.”

Calm down everyone.

• June 24, 2007 at 7:59 pm

yeah, how dare the christians promote social responsibility for teenagers.

i don’t think a chastity ring should be an exception to the school’s rule either, but don’t be an idiot.

so you think sex is just a physiological act, a mix of procreation and recreation, nothing more. well that’s fine…for you. some people want more out of life, some people want more out of sex.

• June 24, 2007 at 8:20 pm

Uhm…, I’m not really understanding how someone could say “do what you want – sex is natural, not sacred or special” Before we meet, my husbands decision to do just that brought a child in this world with parents who never married, and despite that fact both sides love him, he hurts terrible inside to know who to live with, who to trust more, who to really believe, and to know how to define himself since both his mom and dad are very different from each other.
    Don’t forget that ANIMALS HAVE SEX TO HAVE BABIES and they take on that responsibility. If you really want to compare us to them, then we humans need to be having sex to have babies. And I don’t think that what you are using it for.
    No doubt sex is pleasurable, if it wasn’t, we wouldn’t do it and none of us would be here. Sex is very powerful, so much so it creates life and a deeper love between partners. Why bash someone who finds that special or sacred. If you don’t agree, that’s your choice. But why criticize someone else’s choice. They WANT something different than you want.
    Why are you so angry about people who make this choice when you are obviously making your own choice? Do you want us to bash you for your decisions? It doesn’t seem like your carefree sex is making you a happier person, I wonder why.

• June 25, 2007 at 4:25 am

“Don’t forget that animals HAVE SEX TO HAVE BABIES and they take on that responsibility”

Yes and some animals eat their young and some baby spiders eat their mothers. Sex is really what you make of it, oif you dont want kids there is contraception. So please dont make it this huge thing. If Diane it is special to you thats very nice for you but dont hoist your conceptions on other people. And i think the main arguement against this type of teaching is that it is trying to indoctrinate kids.

It can be a very special thing or it can just be humping for pleasure it is your CHOICE.

• June 25, 2007 at 8:19 am

The overridingly Victorian morals that appear in every debate about sexuality are illfounded, unreasonable and most unhelpful. If one cannot accept that our nature is based on our past and on our evolutionary roots one should steer clear of such debates.

• June 25, 2007 at 6:51 pm

If you ever want to control someone, tell them that their most basic urges are wrong and that they need you to be cured.

According to Christianity, we are born sick and commanded to be well, the essence of a totalitarian government.

I’m not saying that celibacy is wrong, but that it should be the individuals right to choose.

Besides, what’s the use in parading your chastity in public? If these people really cared about being chaste, they shouldn’t need a ring to confirm that. I think the best way of staying chaste is by simply not having sex. Sounds pretty obvious to me.

• June 26, 2007 at 2:28 am

I agree with the person before me. I happen to live in America, in one of the smaller states of the country. I being agnostic, and an anarchist in a supremaly republican and chrstian sosciety makes life quiet hard. I am not a virgen by any mean but my girlfriend is and i have told her from the begging that I will wait till she is ready, and i have.I catch distrust and almost hatred form every where even my own parents.I do not to pretend to know every thing but i do know one thing, as long as there is a certain amount of people that refuse to think for themselves there will always be people who tell them they are wrong or bad, and that their way will sace them which is ofcourse total bullshit! you always have a choice even if you don’t see it.

• June 26, 2007 at 10:58 am

First off, if she wants to do it, let her. Secondly, while dogs and cats are like that, they do that because of an instinctual desire to survive. Given that there are 6 billion plus humans on the planet, do you really think there need to be more sex? There’s nothing wrong with waiting after all.

• July 1, 2007 at 7:26 am

A ring that preserves virginity! Where does she wear it?

• July 6, 2007 at 7:35 pm

I think that the whole “no jewelry” is what needs to go. The celibacy ring is stupid, but she should be able to wear it if she wants, or wear a freakin nipple ring of purity if she wants. On the other hand, if the school is going to enforce the rule for other students, it should be enforced for her as well, I’m it will make no difference in her sex life or afterlife(none).

• July 7, 2007 at 1:42 am

Hello. I was looking for purity rings (by choice) and i came accross your site. First of all, as i said before, this purity ring is a CHOICE i made for myself and didn’t have anyone brainwashing me into getting it. If someone didn;t want one, no one is going to make them not have sex until they are married. It’s their own choice. You are right in saying that no ring is going to make someone not have sex but it signifies a promise from you to God. No one else is involved unless you want them to be and so you have no point in saying it’s brainwashing. Second of all, if all of this religion stuff isn’t true, then we wasted our time and we’re both going to hell. If it is true, you still wasted your time and are still going to hell. Have fun with that.

• July 14, 2007 at 6:14 pm

we think that this website is crappy trash and who ever wrote this knows nothing!!!!! whoever came up with the idea of purity rings is GENIOUS!!! and CHRIST knows way more!!! i bet whoever wrote this doesn’t even have a religion to believe in…so you guys don’t need to be critisizing other religions!!!

• July 16, 2007 at 9:27 am

If the school has said no jewelry, then the girl should stick to the rules. But other than that, why do you care? If a person wants to wait till marriage, then more power to them. Everyone should just butt out…

• July 16, 2007 at 11:36 am

Why do you speak of Christianity as brainwashing? Because they have morals, values, and faith in their lives? Obviously, you seem to be lacking in that department. As for evolution happening? Read up on the actual facts and probable chances of it occurring just so we’d be where we are today. Now that stuff is a load of crap. I also don’t like how you compare humans to rabbits, chickens, cats, or dogs. If that’s how we all lived everyone would have an STD and be perverted beyond belief, humans are above animals and that is the way it was meant to be. Who cares if a UK girl wants to wear a purity ring? It’s her decision and it takes a lot of strength to make a commitment to wait until you marry the right person to have sex. If that is what she wants to do, then let her! Not everyone is in on having sex with just anyone, like it sounds you are all for. I don’t think it is wrong someone out there actually wants to wait to get married before having sex, because her virginity is a sacred gift. Stop calling Christians lemmings, they’re not rodents, but real people with beliefs and faith!

• July 16, 2007 at 3:38 pm

Though I agree how bullshit it is for a 16 year old chick complaining about a damn ring to hide the fact that she’s an attention whore, your ignorance when it comes to religious tolerance and the lack of proper fundamental understanding is mind blowing.

• August 7, 2007 at 9:31 am

God loves you.
    Whether you want his love or not.

• August 26, 2007 at 12:07 pm

A purity ring isn’t going to make you stay a virgin, I agree. However, it’s one way out of many to let others know that you don’t believe in sex before marriage, and you’ve promised to stay a virgin until you’re married. Of course rabbits, chickens, and cats don’t wait to have sex until they’re married, they don’t get married, fool. Plus, they weren’t commanded BY GOD to stay pure until they got married. It isn’t up to you to say whether or not evolution happened or not, either. If you want to think that we’re ancestors of monkeys, fine, believe it, I’ll call you a monkey. But when you stand before my Holy God on your judgement day, it’ll be a big slap in your face to learn you were extremely wrong all these years. I look up to this girl very much, and you left something out of your little artical here… other kids at this school who had religious jewelry weren’t told they couldn’t wear them. If my school banned purity rings, I would complain, too, and I’d take it to court if that’s what it took. It takes a big person to stand up for what they believe in, even if they know they might lose. I’m 15, and it is NOT natural for kids to be having sex at my age. They’re not emotionally ready for it. Teenagers move from one thing to the next, including the people they like. If a girl has sex with a guy, she usually feels somewhat attatched to him (to say the least), and once he’s moved on from her, it could crush her. If it was natural for kids to be sleeping around, then it’d be natural for 7 year olds to get pregnant and have kids. Why do you call wearing a purity ring “brainwashing?” I came across your website while I was looking for a purity ring. No Christian came up to me and said “You have to get a purity ring and stay a virgin until you’re married. If you don’t you’re going to Hell.” No one said that!! Like I said at the beginning of thi it’s an easy way to show what I believe in! I don’t believe that anyone should have sex before marriage, just like I don’t believe in homosexuality, abortion, or cussing. And that’s not from me being brainwashed, I’ve studied those subjects, I’ve spent days looking for things to back me up on why those things shouldn’t be done. Religion is not a joke, or a waste of time, as you put it. I don’t even look at my Christianity as a religion, I look at it as a life style. I live out my beliefs, I stand for them, even when people are putting them down. I think you’re an idiot for writing this, and I hope you come to realize how so very wrong you are soon, before it’s too late. I know this comment is all over the place, but this artical honestly ticks me off! Who are you to say this girl is wrong?! Who are you to call this girl stupid?! Who are you to say anything about religion, when you don’t even have one?! I have so much more to say, but I should be going now… I’m shopping for a purity ring. Thanks.

• September 3, 2007 at 3:54 pm

If she wants this ring to work she has to take off her finger and hold it between her knees

• September 23, 2007 at 10:56 am

“Second of all, if all of this religion stuff isn’t true, then we wasted our time and we’re both going to hell.” – Emily

Um if you are wrong there would be no hell to go to… That’s logical… Think about it.

I could really care less about the stupid rings and the idiots who wear them – what burns my ass is that so many people are making such a big freakin’ deal out of it.

Yeah I think religion is brainwashing – and that is after being forced to attend a K-12 christian school. Now 10 years after graduation I still wince when I am asked where I went to school. When I was in the school I believed what I was taught. Children are very open to the influences of the adults around them and what they are taught. As an older teenager and now as an adult I know that it is all bullshit.
    Who knows if I wasn’t forced to hear about and study it every day, I might even be a church member right now.

Why don’t you all just trade in the rings for some iron underwear? I guarantee that would be more effective. Of course the rings won’t prevent premarital sex, any more than wedding rings prevent affairs.

• October 10, 2007 at 1:31 pm

The real injustice in this case is that I don’t think the teachers and administrators are banned from wearing jewelry. If they were forced to take off their wedding rings before comming to work this whole thing would just go away. As far as the brainwashing goes, now who is telling everyone what to believe, or not? If she, or anybody else, wants to wear a purity ring, more power to them. What business is it of yours anyway?

• November 24, 2007 at 6:47 pm

Wearing a Purity Ring is a CHOICE you make. Later, you replace it for your WEDDING RING!! It’s just a promise between you and GOD! I don’t know why you have to make a huge deal out of it. Stop it with the non-sense! And Christianity is not brainwashing us! YOU ALL ATHEISTS ARE MAKING A FOOL OUT OF YOURSELVES!! If you want to follow a religion it’s your choice and if you don’t follow any, then you don’t have to convince people not to!! People do whatever they want nowadays we don’t need someone to tell us what to do…only GOD!
    I don’t want to offend anyone…its just, open up your eyes people!! And yeah Christianity started in Europe

GOD BLESS

-Proud Christian-

• November 28, 2007 at 12:21 am

anonymous2 you say that christianity is not brainwashing ppl and us athiests dont have to go round convincing ppl there is no god? Umm what about all the evangelicals and well just many christians that shove christianity down our throats and only give out aid or help if you are christian (like the salvation army). I think we athiests are very reserved and wont try to convert ppl but if asked we generally give you reasons for our beliefs.

Also christianity started in europe? Really i thought Jesus was born in Nazareth which corect me if im wriong is in the middle east.

and you boast of being a proud christian , um isnt pride a sin for jesus said the meek shall inherit the earth.

And as an ending note i take offense that you think all us athiets are making fools out of ourselves. Didnt jesus say to turn the other cheek which i would take that he meant for you not to take offense at what we say and forgive us and not call us names. But lol its quite hard for so-called christians to actually know what jesus preached about and take onboard his lessons. But you can all have fun in your big club of ignorant masses cant you?

• November 28, 2007 at 4:36 am

To the anonymous “proud christian”:

1) If you are proud, why be anonymous?
    2) “If you want to follow a religion it’s your choice and if you don’t follow any, then you don’t have to convince people not to!”

I agree with you on the freedom of religion thing, but saying atheists shouldn’t convince people not to be religious is daft for several reasons. Firstly, you chose to come to this web page and read it. Secondly this page doesn’t try to convince you not to be religious. Thirdly perhaps Christians could lead by example and stop knocking on my door trying to get me to sign up to their religion.

3) “Christianity started in Europe”
    Europe? Sorry, I’m not a Christian so I may have got mixed up here, but as I remember the story Jesus was born in Bethlehem, Judea. Then there are stories of him living in Egypt and Nazareth, Galilee. I seem to remember something about Jerusalem too. Now I know they let Israel enter the Eurovision song contest so it could be quite confusing, but none of those places are in Europe.

• December 2, 2007 at 9:36 am

Well thats not very nice.
    for some people who are christians dont find that “crap”
    because in the bible it says to wait untill your married to have Sex. And your thinking its okay for kids to have sex, thas whats wrong with the world, peopel having sex when there 13. and getting pregnet. OOOHHHKAAAYYY. And is you dont believe in anything, then you do, nothing. God put us all on this earth to believe in somthing.
    EVELOUTION is NOOOTTT real.
    okay?
    “IN THE BEGIANING GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH”- Genisis 1:1

its true too.

• December 2, 2007 at 9:40 am

and also its a nother way of Witnising.
    people could be like “My purity Ring”
    well whats that”it means i wont have sex untill im married”
    Nothing wrong with that.
    becausei have one.
    and no one like you are rude about it

• April 27, 2008 at 10:21 pm

Thats ok. All of us Christians will live for eternity by the side of Jesus Christ.
    I am 16 years old, and i wear a purity ring. And i believe in it with all of my heart. No, you dont need to be rude about it. If you dont believe in it thats fine, but dont create a stupid website talking trash about us who do have religion in our hearts.
    Maybe your the one who needs a religion and something to look to.

• May 15, 2008 at 10:24 pm

I’m all for remaining pure and chaste until marriage. It helps you avoid HIV/AIDS, other sexually transmitted diseases, an unplanned pregnancy (which often ends in abortion), and a broken heart if a relationship suddenly comes to an end for no reason. We live in a society where sex is everywhere, and everyone wants free access to it without consequence. Children are losing their innocence because of overexposure to sexually explicit images and pressure to have sex, and they are growing up fast as a result. Pornography, especially on the Internet, is rampant and out of control, and it will likely only get worse. However, while I truly believe in the benefits of waiting until marriage before having sex, I do not support the use of Purity Rings, the reciting of Purity Pledges, or the funding of Abstinence-Only sex education programs, mostly because neither of these programs have been proven to work. I think all they do is make teenagers and young adults feel guilty about their developing bodies, sexual urges and needs, and their budding sexuality, and they don’t offer any reasonable alternatives to sex and masturbation to help them control their impulses and desires. As a result, some of these kids wind up having sex anyway, and then feel guilty about it immediately afterward, because no one bothered to teach them how to control themselves. And interestingly enough, these kids were probably told that they will be condemned to Hell if they didn’t “learn to control them hormones.” Well, if they were supposed to control it, then why didn’t anyone show them how in the first place, which would have saved these poor kids a lot of agony later on? Kids can’t be expected to watch over themselves on their own. They need both discipline and guidance to do it. It’s like telling your kid not to run out in front of an oncoming car without warning them of the dire consequences. It just doesn’t work! Anyway, I’ve been to one of those H2O Sexual Purity events before, which was being held at a church, where the speaker talked to us about sex, society attitudes, marriage, purity, etc, then there was a special performance by a Christian Hip Hop group followed by a break and some kids making their Purity Pledges. It was basically an abstinence-only sex education seminar, where the speaker basically said this:”Did you know that anything you do sexually outside of marriage is immoral?” He was talking to a crowd of kids, some of whom looked no more than nine or ten years old! Most were teenagers, and the rest were the parents of these kids (except for me). I agreed with what he had said to a certain extent, but that’s a lot of pressure on a kid, don’t you think? Especially since these kids were being expected to guard themselves without any parental discipline or guidance. And they have to control their raging hormones while avoiding both sex and masturbation, too, all without being offered any alternatives to help get their minds off of their bodies. Hmmm! Is this really realistic? Did God really design us humans to be the sexual beings that we are, then turn around and unrealistically expect us to suppress our developing sexuality until marriage, and have our libido appear out of nowhere like magic once we are married so that we can enjoy all of the pleasurable benefits of sexual love? I think not! And you know why? Because even God Himself knows how unrealistic and inhumane it is! He knows our bodies just don’t work that way because He designed us Himself. And besides, I found it quite interesting that masturbation was never discussed at that seminar, considering the speaker had covered pretty much everything else under the sun, and it was very arousing to say the least. I was struggling with homosexual desire at the time and was totally obsessed with another woman from my church, so although I knew my sexual fantasies were wrong, I couldn’t help but enjoy a few about my object of lust during the entire seminar (which proves that, even if you overcome the homosexual lifestyle or the desire to experiment sexually with other people of your own gender through the blood of Jesus, as was my case, you are who you are, and you will continue to desire other people no matter how hard you try to fight it off). I guess I’m proof that, even if you don’t want to think it, be it, or do it, you simply cannot become something you’re not, so I might as well stop feeling disturbed and start realizing that this thing may never go away, right? Anyway, even though masturbation was never mentioned at the seminar, since anything we do sexually outside of marriage is immoral, then I guess the speaker was also referring to masturbation, because, after all, these kids aren’t allowed even to touch themselves and get to know their own bodies and how they respond sexually without a partner so that they can pass this information on to their future spouses and show them how they like to be pleasured during sex, remember? Instead, they are taught to believe that their sexual organs belong only to their husbands and wives, so they have no way of communicating their needs and no way of learning how to enjoy being married without the guilt and shame that usually comes with shame-based conditioning about sex and the body. In other words, the message is simply this: You are not allowed to have sex until you are married or masturbate, but you are expected to enjoy your God-given sexuality while trying to suppress your raging hormones at the same time. Can anyone do this? If so, I’d like to know how this can possibly happen. Isn’t this too much pressure on a kid, any kid, especially if you are a boy who is also adding testosterone to the mix while being told at the same time that it’s wrong to masturbate, think about sex, and fantasize about women? This is why I am against the use of Purity Rings, the reciting of Purity Pledges, and Abstinence-Only sex education programs. Kids will be kids, and they cannot always be expected to follow through with their promises all the time.

• May 30, 2008 at 9:30 pm

omg dude you really need a serious wake-up call
    i am a 16 year old girl who is christian.
    I wear a purity ring as a symbol of my faith in God and respect for my body. A purity ring is like making a public announcment that we are willing to wait until we are married before we have sex. If you dont wait all you are going to do is get hurt. You can either end up pregnat or with STDs or just simply getting your heart broken. your virginity is a precious gift that can only be givin to ONE person… so dont you want that gift to be shared with someone you know that loves you and is not just dating you or whatever just for sex?
    so i understand that you dont believe in what we are all about(God and remaining pure until marriage) but you do NOT need to make a website about it. Thats just rude. I will pray for you and for all of the other people on here that believe the same way you do. I will pray that you find God and that you get saved because it is the greatest thing in the world!

• June 8, 2008 at 9:42 am

How DARE you talk down on someones religion! Thats just ridiculous! A purity ring is something special: it is a symbol of someones faith and commitment to God and staying pure until marriage. I am a VERY religious teenage girl who happens to have a purity ring. Its not “brainwashing”, its a personal choice. Some people take it, some dont. Like I said, its a CHOICE. Seriously… making a website dedicated to bashing religions is very very immature. Honestly. Im hoping you get over this. Im praying for you.

• June 23, 2008 at 1:45 am

How DARE you post a comment bashing this website? That’s just ridiculous! A website is something special, it is a symbol of someone’s commitment to sharing knowledge with the rest of the human race. I am a person who happens to have a website. It’s not immature, it’s a personal choice. Some people take it, some don’t. Like I said, it’s a CHOICE. Seriously posting a comment bashing this website is brainwashing. Honestly, I hope you get over this but I won’t bother praying for you.

• June 30, 2008 at 11:56 am

This is getting so out of hand!
    If someone wanted to wear a “tolerance” ring I garenttee they would be able to wear it. Maybe if our socity wasn’t so “tolerant” and more of us weren’t teaching kids that nothing is wrong to do maybe we wouldn’t be such an angry,unhappy and dumb society.
    Look at the clothes for little girls thong underwear, underchothes for tops. They don’t even know what they are advertising. You wonder why there is so much rape? You can only be a kid for 18-20 years. Let kids be kids and quit teaching them adult things so early. Schools need to drop the extra crap and actually teach them reading,writing and math. I’m not talking that music,art and recess should be taken out but sex ed,”tolerance”,Spanish and etc… So what if your family is dad and mom,mom and mom or dad and dad,grandparents but a whole lesson on each type is not needed. Tolerance is suppose to be for all people. But we are being taught that tolerance is not for us. You are not tolerant to us. Some of us actually like to be good,honest and pure. Big whoop. We don’t hate you. Why do you hate us? You laugh at us but yet we are suppose to embrace you.
    There are symbols in everything anyone believes in. No one is telling you not to wear it. Why should we not be allowed to wear and say things we believe in? You are trying to shut us up but you can say or do anything you believe in.

• July 6, 2008 at 2:09 pm

I’m not being mean when I say this but I hate to tell you. You’re wrong. Christianity isn’t brainwashing people. God gave us the choice to be on his side or the devil’s. It all had started in the garden of Eden. And I don’t see why evolutionists and atheists go around criticizing us when they don’t even know our beleifs. As Irgan Canner said i’m not religious and i’m not spiritual but i’m saved. We aren’t shoving anything down anybody’s throats. But everything that everyone is saying is disproved in the Bible. And if evolution is true that we we are hybrids of monkeys then why hasn’t there been a hybrid of a fish and a bird or a bear and a turtle. There isn’t missing links but there is missing chains. And when people ask me of my religion (or denomination which is really what they are asking me)I say Christian which isn’t a religion it’s a life style choice. And yes Jesus was an evangelical but Christianity the term started with Paul in the church of Antiogue.

• July 6, 2008 at 2:11 pm

And also by trying to convert people to atheism when being asked and you tell someone then that is a religion.

• July 6, 2008 at 2:12 pm

Christians don’t knock on your door Jehovah Witness do which is a religion. Christianity is not it’s a lifestyle choice

• July 6, 2008 at 2:19 pm

A purity ring will not prevent you from having sex all it is is a symbol it is the decision that comes with it. Exactly like Baptism that is just a symbol of following Christ. A purity ring isn’t the acctual decision but a symbol of the decision you don’t have to have a purity ring to be pure.

• July 13, 2008 at 1:42 am

What is the deal with you hating christians and other religions so much? It’s not a bunch of crap, we all believe in a god, at least were believing in something! Purity rings aren’t bad, it’s a vow we take so that sick twisted people [probably like yourself] don’t snatch away everything we have and ruin our lives. Why is christianity such a bad thing to you?! We devote our lives to giving back to others because that’s why were are HERE, that’s god reason for letting us live. There should be MORE people with purity rings! Our world is full of slutty, nasty, filthy, gross, disgusting girls. There are 9 year old’s walking around half-naked! Their practically selling their bodies! Its gross. So before you talk smack think about the facts.

GOD IS EVERYTHING.
    HOPE.TRUST.BELIEF.LIFE
    EVERY EMOTION IS WRITTEN BY GOD.

This is our story not yours.
    So get a LIFE.

• July 19, 2008 at 8:06 pm

There’s no reason to criticize. The purity ring WILL NOT make the hormones go away. But if a woman, or man, gets into a situation that they shouldn’t be in then they can look down and see the promise they’ve made to God.

Everyone has their own beliefs and opinions and you are entitled but sometimes when people do stuff like this, like criticizing someone’s beliefs, they are just saying that they are better than other people. I don’t criticize people that don’t believe. I try to understand why they don’t believe in God. It’s not that I think that I’m so much better and if a Christian actually tells you that then they are NOT a GODLY example of a Christian.

Well, while y’all rant and rave over something you can never change we, Christians, are gonna live our life up and witness our beliefs to others.

Honestly people, why do this all day long. You could be outside or doing something more useful. You aren’t gonna be able to change what others do so why complain about it???