Miss USA - Rachel SmithMexico City, Mexico – Miss USA, Rachel Smith fell flat on her ass during the evening gown portion of the Miss Universe pageant but quickly recovered and went on to become a top five finalist. Throughout the rest of the competition Miss USA was booed vehemontly by the audience.

To her credit she is beautiful and appears she slipped and fell on her evening gown dress. If she didn’t fall she might have taken the crown!

Miss USA - Rachel Smith

Miss USA falls during evening gown portion of Miss Universe
Tagged on:

20 thoughts on “Miss USA falls during evening gown portion of Miss Universe

• May 28, 2007 at 9:04 pm

Absolutely the best tv I’ve seen in a while. I was screaming in my living room. No way should she have made the top 5…clearly, The Donald paid for a U.S.A. top 5. Boo!

• May 28, 2007 at 9:22 pm

I saw the fall – I thought she recovered well enough because hey – what can you do?? But I stepped away from the TV and came back right when she was giving her answer to “the question”. I heard all the booing – was it because she fell on her butt or because Miss Mexico didn’t make it to the top 5?? I thought it was beyond rude.

• May 28, 2007 at 9:42 pm

Hilarious. Thanks for the You Tube clip. I can watch it again and again and again!

• May 28, 2007 at 10:23 pm

Miss USA should NOT have made it to the top 5. To think that she represents this country may be accurate, since the USA is falling down in every political and environmental way. Great job Miss USA! Way to go and represent our country. 🙁 I would have been in the audience booing her out of the whole competition too!

• May 28, 2007 at 10:51 pm

geez u guys r harsh,I don’t like American policies either but one person does not a country make.Taking it out on a poor defenseless girl(real cute to boot)was completely tasteless.She recovered brilliantly rpm the fall but I thought she should have made a quick quip about it when the judge asked her that impossibly tailor made question

• May 28, 2007 at 11:34 pm

Miss USA is a great girl. If you noticed the scores on the top of the screen she was rightful called back to the top five. Girls fall in pageants all the time and go on to win them. I’m sorry she fell and I’m also sorry that she was treated so rudely.

• May 28, 2007 at 11:47 pm

I saw the fall..OMG~~~ How embarrassing for her!I think the floor was just slick. She recovered well, but it was not fair for her to be in the TOP 5. I think she got the sympathy vote. This is after all a COMPETITION and all the other girls had to learn to walk in their heels with their dresses on the slick floor. The competition requires the GRACE and poise of a contestant. It was unfortunate for her…but she was back in the spotlight to be more embarrassed before everyone. My heart does go out to her. She’s beautiful~~

• May 28, 2007 at 11:48 pm

thats miss usa? damn shes kind of sweet.

I caught the tail end of it I was thinking man america needs to upgrade on its deplomacy skills. because the world is booing beauty padgent contestants. kind of harsh.

but now I know what happened i’m not sure if I should be laughing at Ms. USA or the audience who expect perfection.

• May 28, 2007 at 11:50 pm

yoyoyo she fell so hrd she bit her tongue lol i dnt think she derserved top 5 i dnt think she deserve to even come out again lol she DROPPED lol out of the pagent

• May 29, 2007 at 12:25 am

wow u guys get a life! i think she deserved to be top 5 regardless of her falling! everyone besides her bombed the interview part, hell she should have won. im half mexican myself and was totally ashamed at the booing. rude and classless

• May 29, 2007 at 1:54 am

I am from the usa and watching the miss universe i would have to say the judges questions aside from Kwans questions were really stupid! and for Mexico booing, very tasteless and stupid coming from a bunch of people who do nothing but buy all the Cadillac Escalades hheheheheheheheheh Yea you know it how many mexicans do you know drive or see a cadillac escalade hahagha

• May 29, 2007 at 2:51 am

I was really sorry about Miss USA, Rachel Smith. She is so cute. I hoped she might be Miss Universe 2007 before she slipped. But I think she will be fine.

• May 29, 2007 at 10:49 pm

Mexico only showed how rude they are.BOOOOOO to you Mexico!!!!get out all of your 12 million illegal immigrants in the US. U dont know how to RESPECT.

• May 30, 2007 at 4:08 am

poor miss USA..the crowd shouldnt have booed her like that

• May 30, 2007 at 9:31 am

Mexico behaved very rudely. Where were you guys when your mother taught manners? Isn’t it funny that so many of your own country men and women risk their lives to come to the U.S. as illegal immigrants. Maybe they want to come to a place where they have an opportunity to learn some manners. Shame on you!!

• May 30, 2007 at 9:53 am

The responsibility of humans is to love one another, show compasion for each other, educate each other, and finally give guidance to one another. My thoguhts are that these people know right from wrong.With that being said, If they can truely get up and be proud of who they see in the mirror , then God Bless them, as they will neewd all the help , education , and guidance they can get, in lue of being far from respectable humans.

• June 6, 2007 at 9:39 pm

HA! You guys watch pageants!?! It seems about as exciting as watching 50 speeding billboards going about 170 mph while making a ridiculous amount of left turns. Yeah, I compared the two.

• July 27, 2008 at 2:48 pm

I thin k it was very rude for the audience to boo Miss USA. It was an accident and surely she could not help it. People can be sooooooo rude and unfeeling. How would they feel if it was one of their family members? Get a life people. She is beautiful and I was happy she made it in the finals.