Presidential Hopefull Ron PaulIn recent days, there seems to be a giant swarm of news articles posted to websites like Digg.com about unknown president wannabe Ron Paul. It appears his campaign or supporters are swarming en-masse posting and digging stories about this guy. Even his Wikipedia entry is quite impressive with tons of information about him, but it definatly appears to be a paid editing, as it has so much information but a zero google pagerank and the revision history shows large amounts of information added at a time. We did some research on the amount of digg.com articles recently posted and he is getting far more exposure than other candidates, I believe this politician is using social spam tactics to boost his exposure and it will soon backlash!

Digg Articles about Ron Paul
Netscape Aticles about Ron Paul

Is Ron Paul’s campaign staffers spamming Social News Sites?
Tagged on:

23 thoughts on “Is Ron Paul’s campaign staffers spamming Social News Sites?

• May 29, 2007 at 9:41 am

Wrong, it’s just us the citizens. I am no part of the campaign other than my personal support of him. I just thank God we finally have a candidate that isn’t a typical corrupt politician.

• May 29, 2007 at 9:50 am

How many times do i have to hear that Giuliani was a hero on 9/11 (for just being in the city that was attacked, anyone can walk on rubble) or that Obamas a rock star (what a joke)or Hillaries fake accents (depending on which part of the country she happens to be in that day)splashed all over the tv screen whats the difference. Are you saying Ron Paul employs legions of computer nerds to take over sites like Digg, he isnt the one with 36+ million in the warchest(that makes me sick, how much of that money could actually do a lot of good in the world) Why dont you add your name to the biggest idiots list

• May 29, 2007 at 10:13 am

Right on! Paul is a crackpot, he’ll run this country to the ground worse than Bush has. Save our country for many future generations by keeping this flip-flopper out of the office!

• May 29, 2007 at 10:23 am

Nope, you’re wrong. There is no spamming. Just THOUSANDS of loyal Ron Paul supporters.
    Notice that Ron Paul has more meetup groups than any other candidate. Since each meetup group requires payment of a fee, that would indicate thousands of people around the country who care enough about his campaign to pay the fee and start a group.
    And how dare you say he is unkown? He has been known for 3 decades to the hundreds of thousands of people around the country who have read his books and articles. He has been known to us for many years and we have been urging him to run.
    We finally convinced him and are now pulling out all the stops to get him into office.
    Get used to it.
    The Ron Paul Revolution is ON!

• May 29, 2007 at 10:24 am

Hey Dick!
    Flip-Flopper?
    Come on, check his record. He is THE MOST consistent Congressman is the entire history of the US.

• May 29, 2007 at 10:29 am

It is people like you who emotionally stand by while America is being dismantled and don’t look at history and the facts. Your comments are totally un-American in all respects. People respond to Ron Paul because he speaks the obvious truth, not just political flip flops and opinions. Ron Paul goes by History, the written truth, and common sense. Try using your brain to understand when you keep sticking a poker in a hornets nest, they are going to get mad. Would you get mad is someone keep bombing, invading, and assasinating people in your house for 50 years? Get a grip on reality.

• May 29, 2007 at 10:34 am

Finally, someone that can see through the giant illusion that is Ron Paul, “All these Ron Paul supporters are running around preaching like a bunch of brainwashed cult members!” – This is so true, they act like crazed cult supporters!

• May 29, 2007 at 10:34 am

Ron Paul has never flip flopped on an issue. He is the most consistent voting congressman in Washington and any of his rivals will attest to this fact. Supporters of Ron Paul are awake to world politics. We are unplugged from the mind numbing mass media puppeteers. Those that see the truth see hope in Ron Paul’s message. Hope that the stifling ties of corporate slavery will be reversed and We The People will rise up and take responsibility for our great Republic as designed by the framers of our constitution. Given the current choices for president in 2008 and the plethora of information available on each of them the choice becomes very clear. Ron Paul is the only viable candidate that truly supports Americans. The rest of the field Republican or Democrat is simply 4 more years of stay the course. Take back America! Vote Ron Paul in 2008.

• May 29, 2007 at 10:35 am

I am interested in Ron Paul and have been digging his article because yes, I am brianwashed. Brianwashed into thinking freedom is what the government should be upholding, not taking them away. brainwashed into thinking that politicians should actually have some principles, and that they actually keep this principles instead of bending over backwards to secure more votes. Brainwashed into thinking that the President shouldn’t be able to declare war without Congressional approval. stop whinning because people who support Ron Paul are motivated individuals, who see him as the only choice among the current canidates.

• May 29, 2007 at 10:44 am

Haha, if you’ll notice, I’m one of the biggest contributors to his Wikipedia entry. I wish I was getting paid, but no, that’s not the case, I just like the guy and want to do my part to get him elected. I believe he has the most popular Wikipedia entry of all the presidential candidates (maybe tied with Hillary).

He has a lot of popularity on Digg because Diggers are male, libertarian, and young, and there are many Libertarians on the Internet; I believe he has the best tech record of any congressperson.

When I send emails to the campaign HQ, I don’t even get a reply, so I don’t think Ron Paul has enough campaign staffers to spam these sites. Sorry to disappoint!

He has the fourth highest amount of money raised among the Republicans– I guess that’s just his campaign staff contributing, right?

• May 29, 2007 at 11:00 am

Actually, he’s the last sane man in Washington, and I would attribute *that* to the enthusiasm from his supporters.

The brainwashed cultists are the ones who think government EVER has their best interest in mind.

• May 29, 2007 at 11:08 am

Isn’t Ron Paul that drag queen / tranny that hangs out with the queers? Who would want him as president?

• May 29, 2007 at 2:16 pm

Whoever wrote this article is a complete looser! Must be Giliani or McCain? People are excited about a Candidate who is PRO CONSTITUTION! Anti NEO-CONMEN and Anti NEW WORLD ORDER! Go Digg youself and get a life!

Ron Paul 08

• May 29, 2007 at 2:36 pm

Just another Republican conservative freak who wants to run this country to the ground with their wacky policies. It’s no wonder his campaigners have to resort to such SNEAKY and SHADY tactics!!!!!!!!!!!!

• May 29, 2007 at 3:06 pm

Good name for this website, matches the title of the article.

“Is Ron Paul’s campaign staffers spamming Social News Sites?” (Shouldn’t Is, be Are?)

Is this all you have on Ron Paul? Genius!

I can confess on this site (since no one reads it), I am the MindCultControl Coordinator for spammers for Ron Paul. I’d say my minions are doing a good job, since this is the only story they and yourselves can come up with to write about.

In fact I am the author of all these comments.
    Gotta go I’m busy.

• May 29, 2007 at 7:55 pm

My my my! What a liar. Either that or it is just stupid. Actually, more likely, it is a paid media whore. There are hundreds and maybe thousands of them on the Internet to spread lies and misinformation.

However, there are far more Ron Paul supporters than media whores and that is why Ron Paul is winning all the Internet polls and getting most of the traffic.

That whore can lie all it wants to and made the ridiculous claim that a small staff can imitate 100,000 people. However, the media whore cannot change the fact that Ron Paul has tens of thousands of supporters on the Internet.

• May 29, 2007 at 9:44 pm

I cannot see where people seem to think that those of us that support Ron Paul are rubes, and have to pay someone to write our articles for us.

A lot of his supporters are professionals (like me), professors, and other Country loving Americans.

• May 29, 2007 at 11:14 pm

You people better wake up. Ron Paul 2008. He is America’s peaceful solution. It’s Ron Paul or we could lose the principals our country was founded on. He has millions of people working on his campaign and guess what?? We are working for free. America needs Ron Paul.

• May 30, 2007 at 8:36 am

Is his staffers spamming? Is you or isn’t you familiar with Ron Paul to begin with?

The Ron Paul campaign does not have paid trolls. Ron Paul has legions of fans who have know and followed him for years (like myself, for about 20 years). He stands for:

1. Less taxes and spending
    2. protecting personal liberties (NO internet censorship, end the drug war)
    3. Peaceful foreign policy

His supporters include libertarians as well as principled conservatives and liberals who agree that our government has been hijacked by nincompoops and crooks. We are sick and tired of phonies like W, Rudy, Hillary, Edwards and all the rest. Go Ron!

• May 30, 2007 at 4:51 pm

It is not Ron Paul’s campaign staff. It is people like me, that think Ron Paul is our only hope. It is people like me, who have spent the time to research what he has said and done to try and preserve our liberties. It is not spam. What is your definition of spam? I am tired of people like you telling me that I don’t exist. I am a supporter of Ron Paul and will do whatever I can to help get him elected as president.

• May 30, 2007 at 6:47 pm

No no! It’s me. I’m the one that written all 10,368,000 of the Ron Paul messages that you find all over the internet during the last 120 days.

I never sleep and I write and post one Ron Paul message each second. That, 10,368,000 is the number of seconds in 120 days.

Hey author, you got to admit I’m good to be able to pull off such a trick. And to think it only took me 1 second, to find this site, Register, confirm my registration, log back in, and write and post this message all in just one second.

• June 4, 2007 at 12:49 pm

I will not vote for him, neither will anyone I know!!

• June 4, 2007 at 11:00 pm

Those that say they would not vote for Ron Paul are either:
    a. Afraid to think for themselves.
    b. Never took the time to teach themselves the skills of self-sufficiency.
    c. Find it much easier to have a Nanny State tell them how they are supposed to walk and talk.
    d. Simply cannot handle the truth.