Mickey Mouse
Fool the Mouse and all the Disney workers with this line trick.
Have you ever been to Disney World and thought these lines are horrible. You wait in line, in the Florida heat, for anywhere from 15 minutes to hours, for a ride that lasts 2-3 minutes. If only there was a way to bypass the lines and save all that wasted time. Actually, there is. It’s a little know fact, insider information if you will, that you could skip all that hassle. Walt Disney World offers a Guest Assistants Pass or a GAC pass for those individuals with unapparent medical conditions.

The GAC pass is not a jump ahead of line pass, its a pass for easier access. You may be able to bypass the line, but should still expect to wait, a little. (Nowhere near the amount of time, that you would normally wait) This card gives you front and center seating to shows. If you are in a wheelchair, for example you have an apparent condition, and are allow to bypass the line, along with your party up to a maximum of six people.  Some of the examples of people that might benifit from this card would be people who get fatigue easily, or have pain from serious health issues due to Heart conditions, Lupus, or Multiple Sclerosis, or even if you are on certain types of medications. You can even get a GAC card if you have hypersensitivity issues that would make it difficult to remain in large crowded areas, or even have “sun sensitivity” issues. Also, people who are subseptible to panic attack from being in a crowded enviroment.

Okay, now you are probably thinking, “How do I get one of these magic, time saving cards?” Walt Disney World, WDW gives out these GAC at the entrance of all of the WDW parks at the Guest Relations kiosk. All you have to do is go to GUest Relations and state your medical condition and why you need a GAC card, that’s it, no Doctor’s note. Although some people do bring a note as some sort of proof. The cast members are responsible for giving out these cards, and they use their own best judgement, but there is no verification, who’s to say that your doctor wrote a note or your teenage son?

GAC - Guest Assistance Card - Disney

Tagged on:

61 thoughts on “Get a Disney GAC Pass – So You Don’t wait in long lines like an Idiot at Disney!

• June 1, 2007 at 10:53 am

Thank you so much, I am going to try this. That is so awesome! Why not exploit this???? People exploit so much other crap, it’s not illegal and the worst that could happen is Disney will say ‘no’. ANYTHING THAT HELPS WITH THE LINES AT DISNEY IS A +++++, when used in conjunction with FastPass we should be able to see and do so much more!

• July 23, 2007 at 6:40 pm

This articles is disgusting! It is hard enough having disabilites without others trying to take advanatage of policies to help us enjoy our vacation.
    We don’t get front of the line access, wheelchair go through the regular lines unless the have a fastpass or a disability that requires quick access. Often times we must wait for special vehicles to accommodate a w/c. I have been in lines where I got on a ride after people who were behind me.

• August 8, 2007 at 7:53 pm

You are so very right anyone who waits in those long lines is an idiot. All you have to do is go to guest services make up an illness and get the pass. It sure beats standing in long hot lines. If you just wanna sit get a wheelchair if you want to cruise get a pass

get real Reply:

Why dont you trying living with a disability instead of making one up

chris Reply:

MArk,
    you are a scum of the earth. My son has type 1 diabetes and that is why i will be getting the pass. His life is filled with needles and fingersticks that will never stop. Shame on you, you dispicable excuse for a human

• May 16, 2008 at 5:57 pm

The GAC is for people with disabilities ONLY. It is so that people have the ABILITY to go on the ride, not at all for any type of special privilege that others don’t get. Many times, people with disabilities have to wait LONGER in lines than those who are not disabled.

Disabled people do NOT get to bypass the lines. There may be separate entrances for them to get on some rides because the regular ride lines have stairs or are not wide enough to accommodate a wheelchair or scooter or because they can only transfer from a wheelchair at the exit of a ride for safety reasons. They still have to wait to ride and do NOT get instant access, whether they have a GAC or wheelchair.

I won’t even comment on your insensitive comments on disabilities that you obviously have no understanding of and are not comprehending the severity and real dangers of (such as the effects even a short time in the sun can cause to somebody with Lupus).

And, yes, passing yourself off as being disabled when you are not IS INDEED a CRIME!

If you don’t want to wait in long lines, whether you are disabled or not disabled, go to Disney during a non-busy month (such as January or May or September or the start of December) and/or use FastPass tickets on those rides that offer them and/or use a service such as Tour Guide Mike who will tell you how to get the most of your vacation and the least of waiting in lines.

• April 2, 2009 at 7:14 am

I agree with the poster that said this article is disgusting. As a parent of two children with special needs and a special educator myself I can not tell you how upset this article makes me. To exploit a service that is intended to help the people and families that struggle every day to try to have some sort of a “normal” family vacation is unthinkable. I hope you never have to experiance what we go through. We go to Disney on a yearly basis and it takes us much longer to do anything in the parks than it would take a person without disabilities. I would gladly trade the tiny bit of convenience that the GAC may provide for healthy kids.

• August 26, 2009 at 1:11 pm

This pass is for people who genuinely need the assistance! When you lie to abuse this system you are affecting the individuals who truly need it! Anyone who abuses this system for their own selfish benefit should be disgusted with them self!

• October 13, 2009 at 5:00 pm

Some of us can ONLY go when it is crowded there. I will NOT make my 5 yr old WAIT for an hr to get on Dumbo… NOT happening. Im all for it. Am going to bring a “drs note” too. I have had a lot of bad in my life… heres to some GOOOD!! Thanks for the tip!!

Nicole Reply:

I feel sorry that your kids are being raised by someone who takes advantage of things put in place for DISABLED people. I’m sorry you have had “a lot of bad in your life” but yours is fleeting! A person with a disability is for the rest of their life, everyday! Stand in line like the rest of us! Shame on you and the example you want to set for your kids! What comes around goes around and maybe by your actions in the past is why you have” a lot of bad in your life”!

• October 20, 2009 at 6:31 am

Wow…why wait when it takes someone in a wheelchair 45 minutes just to use a restroom, or a parent of a child with autism 2 hours just to coax their child from a small room after they get scared. The get a real FastPass — don’t they???!!! Switch places with them for a day, then abuse this. Horrified!

• October 20, 2009 at 6:32 am

Kay — with your attitude, your child will be a blight on society -0- just like you.

• March 4, 2010 at 1:53 am

How sad and disgusting!! I have a child with special needs and I can tell you life is no picnic. I would gladly trade his disabilities and the GAC for your child’s health and wait in line.

All I can say is Karma!!

My grandmother used to say that you never use sickness or death as an excuse because it might just happen.

• March 8, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Speaking as a cast member I am truly appalled by the amount of people who exploit this. It is very obvious who needs it and who doesn’t, people who require it have no problem waiting a little extra time in an alternative wait area, those who are exploiting this feel as if it is a pass that gets you to the front of every line. I love the people who argue about what they are entitled to with that pass.

Thankfully Guest Relations have been cracking down on guest who exploit this feature and bring fake cards, or add numbers in their party to over 5, or change the expiration date. Speaking as a cast member who works at a very popular attraction, i see these cards a lot, and i read every single detail of every card i see, and i train all of my fellow cast members to do the same.

We realize you paid a lot of money to come to our parks, and we know lines are long, but everyone there paid exactly what you paid…you are not better than them, you do not deserve special treatment. The only people who should use these Guest Assistance Cards are only those who need them, and should be reserved only for them.

Shame on you for exploiting this.

Nicole Reply:

I appreciate everything you just said believe me, but I want you to keep in mind hidden handicaps. My son has Sensory Processing Disorder. To look at him you wouldn’t always notice there is something different, but crowed, noisy, closed in places can send him into panics with terrific melt downs. One in twenty have this neurological disorder. So please remember looks can be deceiving and my son maybe one of your quest using one of those cards that makes a trip to his favorite place possible. Trust me though, I understand your frustration. Especially after seeing this site.

• April 1, 2010 at 10:21 pm

I find it disturbing that people without health challenges pretend to be disabled so that they can receive unwarranted/unmerited assistance….i have three children with autism and sensory issues and mental illness, I myself have hearing loss and Menierres Disease (results in balance problems, I have to use a cane), and we volunteered as a family through Disney’s special promotion in order to be able to afford to go to Disney in Florida later this year…this will be our first visit, my children are so excited, and i truly hope that we will be able to utilize the GAC during our visit…and, like other posters here, i would gladly have healthy children (and be healthy myself) and wait two hours for a ride rather than struggle with my little family’s challenges every day…shame on the abusers!!!

• May 3, 2010 at 11:09 am

I am an adult who suffers from ADD and panic attacks. Is it wrong when I go and get a Guest Assistance pass? Having a neurological disorder(s) is just as life impacting as some physical impairments. Imagine not being able to be around big groups of people without feeling like you were going to pass out from the dizziness and nausea. And that is just the tip of the iceberg. It is ridiculous that some CM’s will continuely scrutinize someone who may “appear” to be normal with a Guest Assistant pass. I say SHAME on the CM’s that obviously fully don’t understand how hurtful it is to someone with a non physical ailment to be looked upon as someone who abuses the pass.

• June 29, 2010 at 12:10 am

I agree with disordered. I am considering doing this for my daughter who suffers from ADHD and anxiety of which she is diagnosed by a doctor. It is harder for us to do things as well. Maybe not as hard as it is for people with worse disabilities, but I would like a clear set of rules here and feel justified in getting the card if Disney deems it OK to do. I don’t want to ask for a card if it is only for children with the most severe cases of Autism etc. I think the problem in this whole discussion is that Disney needs to provide clear limits,and descriptions of what the passes are intended to be used for. I consider myself to be intelligent, but I’m confused about this issue. My gut tells me that it’s probrably not for us because of the severity, but it would be nice to know. Also, guest should have to bring in a doctor’s note notarized or something.

• July 3, 2010 at 7:51 am

People like you ruin it for everybody else.Do you have no shame?

• October 12, 2010 at 1:21 am

I just went to Disneyland for the first time since being diagnosed with Mulitple Scleriosis. We’re big Disney park vacationears, so we didn’t think anything of it and just went as usual. First day was HELL as I was bumped, shoved and completely exhausted by the stairs, finally culminating in my husband being punched by another guest because he bumped the guy’s wife while reaching to catch me. (I’d been knocked over by the puncher’s three kids) Cast member who responded to the altercation told us to get a GAC card right away. What a blessing! We still waited for rides, but I wasn’t being shoved at the whole time. I was actually ashamed at having to use the card because it felt like admiting the disease was real and going to affect my ability to enjoy my life.

Shame on you for trying to cheat the system by writing this and encouraging the abuse. It’s my hope that you end up disabled someday so you can discover what it’s like to be unable to drive, go to the store/bathroom/theme park safely or even just walk down the street with your dog without the fear of falling down.

Really? Reply:

Lizliterarius,
    While I can certainly understand your frustration, why on earth would you ever “hope” a disability on another person?

Any empathy felt for your situation is lost when you show such an utter lack of morality. I, too, suffer from a debilitating condition, one which effects my quality of life. No matter how angry I become at others, I would never wish my condition on anybody, not even those I dislike strongly. Shame on you.

• January 11, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Reply to the person who slammed me but couldn’t be bothered to leave a name:

We all have our crosses to bear without adding weight to other people’s.
    (!) and it was never my intention that people have sympathy or empathy for me because of my illness and reading the above. If you really believe my words offended you, then please have my ‘sorry’.

But I do have a question for you: where’s your post about the original posters “lack of morality?” If you’re going to sit in judgement, why just go after me? Or was I just the last comment and easy pickings for a cyber-snipe?

• January 11, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Lizliterarius,

The first paragraph of your original post would seem to be designed to elicit sympathy, but if I interpreted it incorrectly, then please have my ‘sorry”.

As for the absence of comment on the other posters’ lack of morals. They are taking advantage of the situation and shame on them for doing so, karma might bite them in the backside someday. However your response was despicable and I felt compelled to respond. You should feel even more ashamed of yourself than the other’s for “hoping disability” on people.

Whether your comment was the first or the last I would have reacted in the same manner. I don’t know what a cyber-snipe is, but if it means responding to a particularly reprehensible comment by another human being, then yeah, that is exactly what I did.

• January 18, 2011 at 3:36 pm

You suck! I have arthritis in both knees, so bad that I have had surgery, multiple procedures and take heavy pain meds to walk, an I waited in every line at Disney World like the grown up you haven’t managed to be yet. So many people who need these little bits of assistance don’t get them and end up suffering or missing out because of people like you. the pathetic thing is that you probably don’t even see that what you do is wrong, dishonest and self-centered. I hope for her sake you mother doesn’t know what a horrible person you are.

• February 22, 2011 at 10:57 pm

My family of 5 just came back from Disneyland over the busy President’s Weekend. My 12 year old son has Autism/ADHD/Sensory Integration. I was told by another Mom with a child with special needs to request a GAC. I am so glad I did. The time we went o Disneyland before this trip, my son was flipping out while waiting in the long lines. He could not handle all the people, the noises, etc. This trip was fantastic. We still had to wait, but in another area that wasn’t so bad. Some rides got us right on so he wouldn’t have a hard time. It is horrible that something so wonderful is being exploited by stupid people. In my opinion, if someone is faking it and gets caught, a hefty fine and jail time would be appropriate. Shame on you for ruing it for those of us that need it. I am very appreciative to Disney for having such a wonderful program.

• June 15, 2011 at 1:04 pm

I’d like to call attention to the fact that all of the people bashing this article are disgustingly overweight women who live in a fantasy world (since their reality is horrible) and as such LOVE Disneyland.

These fat asses have disabled kids of their own because they stuff McDonalds down their throat, and have since they were born.

They have no problem getting passes for themselves and their kids, even though their disability is simply being morbidly obese to the point of being unable to walk.

So really, how dare YOU, skinny man, get one of their precious GACs, they are for morbidly obese people and their defunct children only — have you no shame?

Oh and lastly, that $300 that you and your girl friend spent to get into the park, just to wait in lines all day and go on a few rides, means nothing to these fat asses. They’re going to exploit their disabilities, hit people with their electric fat-ass-mover cart, and let their crazy fat kids go wild as hell, bumping into people and being little terrors, while they are too fat to control them.

So really, I think everyone should use a SAP, GAC, or whatever the hell you want to call it.

YOU: “I’m a fat ass, let me ride first.”
    CAST MEMBER: “But what about the 400 other people waiting in line?”
    YOU: “WHAT?! How dare you! I’m DISABLED! I DESERVE to ride first.”

~~~~~
    Cast Member from 2000-2001, and glad I’m gone.

I’ve seen so many fat asses abuse the system and exploit regular paying guests who wait hours in line so they can ride first and fastest.

No thanks, Disneyphiles.

Vince Reply:

@LOL: I’m glad you’re gone too, Asshole. I’m skinny but I have sympathy for those whose disability made them overweight BECAUSE they can’t exercise (severe arthritis, MS, etc.). How dare you judge others whose situations you don’t know? The only people I am going to judge are the selfish morons who request the GAC without any SHRED of disability just because they think it will get them something above and beyond the general public. I wish upon you some shred of empathy, but not a disability itself; perhaps merely that your girlfried will wake up and realize you for the scummy douche that you are and leave you.

• June 22, 2011 at 11:30 am

I two children who experience severe panic attacks while in large crowds. On our last trip, we had a very unenjoyable day on day 1. One of the CM’s saw we were having issues and went out of their way to give us information on the card. It made the rest of our trip much more enjoyable not just for us as parents, but for our daughter who no longer had to experience the stress of crowds or an attack. Looking at her, she looks like any normal kid with no issues…but believe me, in a crowd her panic attacks are sometimes un-controllable. We will definately be getting the card again on our return trip to WDW in August. Not too mention, I am still recovering from a stroke and a heart attack within the last month.

• June 28, 2011 at 12:38 am

Where can I have this flagged to be removed?
    As a theme park employee it angers me to see this abused. How sick and disgusting can you be? If you don’t like long lines don’t come to an amusement park. Because of all of you “clever” people faking disabilities to get the GAC (that doesn’t even allow immediate boarding), it is getting harder and harder for those with true needs to get the card. Some parks even give out a one size fits all GAC that shoves everyone in an alternate waiting area for the duration of the wait.
    I (an issuer of the cards myself) have to give people the third degree, which in turn upsets them and makes them feel unwelcome. Because of the many fakers, the few who desperately need expedited boarding due to being medically fragile can’t get it. Until the ADA allows for US theme parks to ask for proof, this abuse will continue. You want to trust the customer, but you can’t anymore. Now thanks to this post among many others, disabled people will get the third degree about why they need the GAC, which isn’t fair to them. I personally hate the GAC. Only on the grounds that is abused more than legitimately used and that some employees hand them out like candy and that ride operators don’t follow the protocol.
    What’s next? Are you people gonna apply to Make A Wish foundation with some made up thing so you can get a free trip somewhere?

Appalled at some of you,
    Keiko

alicia Reply:

No you just can’t apply to Make a Wish Foundation to get a free trip. Your childs doctor has to fill out a bunch of paperwork. The diagnoses has to be legit or the doctor can be charged with fraud. Its a serious process. The children who choose to go to disney world deserve it. Coming from personal experiance. With a child who has been on the operating table 4 times due to life threatening conditions.

Vince Reply:

Thank you, Keiko – you said what I was thinking.

• August 26, 2011 at 6:12 pm

This is sick.
    As a person who has an invisible illness (I have a brain tumor, can’t handle heat or any sort of endurance) I find this completely and utterly terrible. Without this pass I would be unable to even go to Disney, and i’ve attempted to go to other parks that don’t have these and needed to be rushed to the hospital. It’s people like all of you who plan on exploiting this that makes it difficult for people like me to even take a family vacation because there are so many people faking illness’. You sound foolish, we paid the SAME price as you did, and deserve to have a good time. I would pay so much to be healthy. We’re not lucky to be able to use the GAC, because I would much rather wait in line for hours than be sick all the time. I seriously hope you’re ashamed of yourself. You don’t want to wait? Go at a time that isn’t busy, or don’t go. Don’t exploit one of the only companies who offers something like this to those in need. I wonder if you’d feel the same way if you or your child acquired a condition that would never allow them to do something they loved before unless they had something like this, and people are sitting there exploiting it.
    Think about it. IF you don’t think it’s wrong you’re pathetic and clearly care about nobody but yourself.
    I’m 19, most likely younger than you are, and can see this more clearly.

• September 15, 2011 at 8:34 am

Disney is trying their best to accommodate real disabled people.
    I am ashamed of the amount of people they are not disabled that really abuse the GAC pass .In the Disney hotel that I was staying at there were actually people with GAC passes that were charging people to pretend that they were with them in order to cut the lines. One woman rented a wheel chair just to carry her bags around the park. Disney needs to come up with a better system in order to be fare and prefect the rights of real disabled people

• January 31, 2012 at 8:24 am

To those parents saying that ADHD or panic disorders prevent them from waiting in line like everyone else… WHY ARE YOU TAKING YOUR CHILDREN TO THEME PARKS?!

Seriously. It’s one thing to request accomodation for such issues in places like schools where children MUST spend time in crowds. Why subject them to it for theme park rides.

And to those saying it’s not “front of the line”… yes, it is, compared to the long wait in the actualy line. I like 6 Flags method. They give you a return time based on the length of the line and you can get straight on. THat way, a disabled individual can still ride, but can wait elsewhere in the park. And they still have to wait the same amount of TIME as everyone else, just not in the same situation. That is an acceptable compromise.

I just got back from two weeks at Disney – the abuse was clear and obvious. I don’t advocate doing what the article suggests but I also don’t think there should be a system in place that allows such abuse to happen.

huh? Reply:

Let me understand this Sarah. Your answer is to deny disabled children the joy of going to an amusement park? Is Disney the playground of only the healthy? if you had a family member with a legitimate disability would you leave them home so that you and your healthy family members could enjoy yourselves?

Six Flags’ system is not any better, and in my neck of the woods, much worse. At 6 flags new england they do get front of the line privileges.

• February 3, 2012 at 11:10 pm

Can’t believe what I am reading. I have a son with Down Syndrome and guess what it isn’t from eating at McDonalds, although I do agree with you to a certain extent, lol. There are so many ppl who abuse anything they can. The first year we went it was quite a challenge……another parent stopped and talked to us and strongly suggested that we get a pass as well and we did. While your child is out there playing basketball, baseball and doing everything he or she ever wants to do, my child is sitting on the sidelines……while your child is driving, dating and invited to parties and sleepovers, mine is home with no friends…..so you think we have it made because he gets to enjoy a park and we don’t have 30 meltdowns while we are there…..well why don’t you try walking in our shoes for one day and I guarantee you, you will want your healthy child back and be more than willing to wait in line. I have other children as well and never once wanted a pass!! Be careful what you wish for, it just may happen!

Patty Reply:

Well said Lisa. My son has autism and you said what every parent of a special needs child feels. Thank you!

• February 9, 2012 at 3:21 pm

What an abhorring post this is. GAC passes are meant for those who truly suffer from medical conditions which would hinder their ability to wait in a normal queue. Those looking to exploit it for the reason of easing their wait, without a true medical necessity should be counting their blessings, rather than being dishonest. Disgusting. People like you give society a bad name.

• April 13, 2012 at 6:48 am

This pass is meant for people who have a DISABILITY!!!! This is not meant to be a way to skip the lines. That is why Disney does not charge their guests for the Fast Pass option. Those can be obtained by any individual whose ticket has gone through the turnstiles and this is what should be used for guests who do not have any other condition other than impatience!!. As a Disney Castmember responsible for issuing the Guest Assistance Card I will tell you that these are now being tracked by Disney. Unfortunately we are not permitted to question disabilities but we are not stupid and are often quite successful in catching someone who is trying to get one over on us. The abuse of these cards will soon cause both lines to be extremely long and is hurting the people that the cards are meant for. Those people that abuse this service should be ashamed of themselves.

• May 25, 2012 at 7:17 pm

This is disgusting. People abussing will ruin the program for those who have actual disablities. My son was on Make a wish kid and was given a GAC because of COPD, ASD/VSD, and has to wear braces on his legs due to muscle weakness. That is actual person who needs. Not some lazy asshole who can just patiently wait in line with the rest. I was reciently down there and i was surprise how many fat ass out there used electric wheel chairs and GAC pass so they can by pass the lines quicker. It just shameful.

• May 30, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I recently returned from Disney world with my wife and 7 year old daughter where I did need to use a GAC card do to my MS . I do not need to use a wheelchair and have no physical signs of my disease but standing in some the lines would have caused me to have problems that could of lasted for months. What bothered me with my use of the card is the way I was made to feel like I was someone who was abusing the card. One cast member took my card and made a ” yeah right” type comment, another member said I had the golden ticket, like I had won a contest. After hearing that last comment I looked at my wife and said ” If he only knew what I had to go threw to get this card “. So to the cast members who think they can spot the fakes, maybe think twice, and to the people who are abusing this service maybe you should think twice as well .

• June 4, 2012 at 10:42 am

This is disgusting. If you go to Disney, expect to wait in lines. If you use this and don’t need it I believe karma will come back to you! Some people are so ridiculous it’s not even funny! My son has a rare bone disease so he needs this but when I always went I sucked it up and waited in line. You know what you are getting into when you make a reservation to go. I think they should change this if they haven’t yet and force a doctor note or have it faxed from an office before so they can verify it!

• June 18, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Haha I LOVED the comment about overweight lonely broken adults with kids who have developed pseudo-psychological conditions like ADHD…. It’s obviously going to offend some people but I know exactly the types of people they’re talking about. For one, if you’re over 40 and still stretching an XL Mickey tee over your clearly XXXL torso, you’ve gone wrong somewhere in life. And this is coming from a slightly fat 27 year old guy who unahamedly loved his first visit to Disneyland last year.

I think that if we have to put up with all of the disableds/parents of disableds who can be afforded these luxuries just because their child has some behavioural problems (i.e. was allowed to be a little angry douchebag all their life, probably because there wasn’t a Dad in the picture to give them a good beating when they were bad) then they should have to tolerate the sort of despicable person who would lie about their condition in order to sneak their way into rides a little faster.

Carol Reply:

My son is one of the ones you would probably call an “angry little douchebag.” He looks “normal” and can speak intelligently about a number of subjects. His autism, low muscle tone, sensory processing disorder, impulsivity, and anxiety made it hard for him to “behave”, including waiting in line. I wasn’t the one suffering for it – it was the people around him being annoyed by his impulsively swinging the ropes, squirting me with his cooling fan, melting down when he became too thirsty and we were still in line, etc. I’m sure they were collectively relieved when I discovered the GAC.

P.S. He is my third child, and we made many Disney trips with his older siblings without any special treatment, until he outgrew my ability to carry him when he became too tired or upset. He has enough struggles in this world without generous people like you expecting me to beat him (yeah, that’ll cure neurological problems every time) or leave him home when we go anywhere.

Meg P Reply:

You are a horrible, disgusting person. Karma is a bitch and I hope you think about this post if (when) you have a child with special needs. My son was born with autism and it was apparent at 5 months old. I am not divorced and I suppose you think 5 months old is an appropriate age to beat a child for not behaving? Whatever- you are ignorant and I’m ashamed to be part of the same species as you.

• June 25, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Our family went to Disney World for Spring Break this year. We got a GAC and stickers that said our strollers could be used as wheelchairs. Our 2 youngest, 6 & 4, are both autistic. Being able to keep them locked down while we waited was awesome. If you’ve never had a 50 lb kid dead-weight on you while standing in a 90 minute line for Toy Story Mania, you just can’t understand how wonderful this card is. Except for It’s a Small World, we never waited more than 10 minutes for any ride and most waits were no more than a minute or two. We expected to wait just as long as everyone else just with our kids in their strollers. The fact that we were able to by-pass lines that were up to 2 hrs long was a surprise…a wonderful surprise. Did we get some dirty looks and some negative comments? Sure we did but guess what? I couldn’t care less. Did I feel guilty? Nope. We had a legitimate reason for getting the card & the cast members are the ones who told us where to wait & controlled when we got on the rides.

• July 5, 2012 at 8:05 am

Congratulations to all of you jerks faking disabilities to avoid lines. Disney has now changed its policy! I have a son who is 26 years old who is disabled with Severe Autism non verbal and used to love to go to Disneyland and it was possible with the pass but now after taking him and having him hurt himself and have a huge violent outburst when we were told to come back to a ride in 4 hours Disney is off our spots to vacation. I hope that all of you know that Karma is a Bitch and what goes around comes around.

• July 24, 2012 at 8:46 am

Lazy Fucking idiots! Are you so lazy you can’t wait in a line. I bet all your parents told you how “special” and “wonderful” you were. Why should you have to wait in line??? You’re going to hell!

• July 26, 2012 at 4:58 am

Wow, this is disgustung. Doing that without any justification only makes the process of defending an invisible illness either in public ir for park accomidations. I already get dirty looks when i have to be in a wheelchair. But hey, ill trade my access pass for my preogressive and fatal disease, deal?